Did you know that YRDSB has a podcast? From in-depth discussions on issues affecting education to practical conversations for families, Tune In YRDSB helps you stay connected to what’s happening in education.
Check out some of our latest episodes, available on most podcast platforms. Don’t miss our monthly wrap-up episodes sharing the latest news and upcoming events each month.
- Shine episodes featuring Black voices and celebrating Black excellence in its many forms.
- Introduction to Special Education. Learn more about how students are identified, what to expect, how we work with families to support students and more. We also invited students to tell us how their IEP helps them.
- Adult Learning. Two students sit down with adult learning educators to share their stories and talk about the benefits of adult learning. Find out how it works, what to expect, and why students feel “at home” here.
- Tamil Heritage Month. Staff, students and family members speak about Tamil Heritage Month, Tamil identity and how we can create learning and working spaces that affirm Tamil identity.
- Yad Vashem. Join YRDSB educators as they sit down with staff from Yad Vashem to discuss the importance of Holocaust education in Canada.
News, Tips and Resources for Families
Looking for the latest news, tips and resources for families? Some of our departments put out monthly newsletters that provide helpful updates and resources for families.
Visit our newsletters page to see them all, or check out the latest from:
- Centre for Black Student Excellence
- Math and Math Problems of the Month
- Mental Health
- Parent, Family and Community Engagement
- “The Special Edition” Exceptional Learning Strengths and Needs Newsletter