Parents for Children’s Mental Health
Parents’ support group – All are welcome! Virtual meeting on March 22, 2021, from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Panel Discussion and Q & A: Covid’s impact on Mood Disorders, including depression. For further information, please refer to the flyer.
Nur Muslim Mentoring Program
Nur is a Mentorship Program to support Muslim students in the YRDSB to feel valued,
heard and empowered. Our goal is to provide a safe, supportive space that helps build
a sense of belonging for Muslim students. For details, please refer to this flyer.
York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families Winter Bulletin
York Hills Centre for Children, Youth and Families have many workshops to offer for the winter season of 2021. Please refer to the bulletin for more information.
Do you need help finding food, housing, financial assistance, mental health support, employment support, support for seniors, winter clothing and/or shelter? For information and referral to government, health, community and social service call 2-1-1, search 211Central.ca, text 21166, live-chat at 211Ontario.ca/chat or email gethelp@211Ontario.ca. 211 is free, confidential and available 24/7 in 150+ languages to connect you to local community supports. Click here for the fact sheet.
Crisis Support Numbers
Please refer to this resource for a list of organizations to support kids in crisis.
Mental Health Navigator
Mental Health Navigator is an RBC-funded initiative to support youth and their families in accessing York Region’s mental health services.
A Mental Health Navigator:
- Connects youth and their families to the most appropriate mental health and community services
- Provides information on mental health and available community services
- Serves as a temporary service coordinator for youth and their families
- Provides time-limited case management services
- Advocates for youth/family needs at all levels when required.
- Provides consultation to professionals regarding community resources
This program is provided at no cost to youth and their families. For more information, click here.