Due to the cancellation of busses for today, we would like to remind everyone that you will need to pick up your child at the end of the school day (3:20 pm) if you drove them in to school this morning.
We will be dismissing the students to the back tarmac at the end of the day. Please meet your child at the back of the school for end of day pick-up.
Due to inclement weather, transportation services are cancelled today, Thursday, February 23, 2023. Schools remain open to students.
Families have the final say over whether or not their children should attend school when we’re experiencing challenging weather conditions. Students not attending school due to inclement weather will not be coded as absent or be penalized in any way, but we do ask families to let the school know if your child will not be attending or will be arriving late.
You can find information about winter inclement weather and school transportation cancellations on our website.
Did you know that YRDSB has a podcast? From in-depth discussions on issues affecting education to practical conversations for families, Tune In YRDSB helps you stay connected to what’s happening in education.
Check out some of our latest episodes, available on most podcast platforms. Don’t miss our monthly wrap-up episodes sharing the latest news and upcoming events each month.
- Shine episodes featuring Black voices and celebrating Black excellence in its many forms.
- Introduction to Special Education. Learn more about how students are identified, what to expect, how we work with families to support students and more. We also invited students to tell us how their IEP helps them.
- Adult Learning. Two students sit down with adult learning educators to share their stories and talk about the benefits of adult learning. Find out how it works, what to expect, and why students feel “at home” here.
- Tamil Heritage Month. Staff, students and family members speak about Tamil Heritage Month, Tamil identity and how we can create learning and working spaces that affirm Tamil identity.
- Yad Vashem. Join YRDSB educators as they sit down with staff from Yad Vashem to discuss the importance of Holocaust education in Canada.
News, Tips and Resources for Families
Looking for the latest news, tips and resources for families? Some of our departments put out monthly newsletters that provide helpful updates and resources for families.
Visit our newsletters page to see them all, or check out the latest from:
You must be logged in to post a comment.