Safety with Weather
- Send your children dressed for the weather as we are outside for close to an hour each day
- Send your children with shoes for indoors and boots for outdoors to keep our classes and gym slip free and our feet warm outside
- Make sure your students have extra clothing in their classroom in case they get wet (socks, underwear, pants, shirts, sweatshirts, etc.)
Safety with Covid
- Send your children with extra masks for the full day. Many times masks get dirty, fall on the ground or need a change.
- Send your children to school with their lunches and snacks in order to avoid extra contact with office staff and classroom interruptions.
Safety while Driving
- Drive carefully in the neighborhood and allow yourself extra time to stop when in the school zone
- Do NOT park or stop in the front bus loop – this is also our emergency vehicle entry point and every second counts if we need an ambulance – any obstruction (even for day care pickup and drop off) can cost valuable and lifesaving time
Safety with our Words/Actions
- We work very hard to create a safe space for all of our community here at school, we encourage everyone to use language that is polite and inclusive – be mindful of our students and what they may overhear directly or indirectly (please and thank you!)
Safety with Food
- Reminder that we are a nut safe school and foods that CONTAIN nuts are not permitted at school. This includes Nutella and a myriad of Halloween snacks that have been coming to school lately. Many students and staff have life threatening allergies to Nuts.
Thank you for being a community that cares about one another! Together we can keep our kids safe!
You must be logged in to post a comment.