On Tuesday October 20th you are invited to join us for our Curriculum Night. Due to Health and Safety priorities, this year’s event is being held virtually (online). Each family will be invited (via email) by their child’s teacher(s) to a Google Meet where they will have an opportunity to meet the teacher, hear about the upcoming year, take a peek into the school/ classroom, and have an introduction to the new Ministry Math Curriculum.
Teachers will be conducting their Google Meets between 6:00-7:30pm. Specific times for each teacher’s Meets will be communicated in their invitation to you. You will receive an email from your child’s teacher with information about how to join the virtual event. A stable internet connection is needed to join.
Once you join the meeting, please follow the meeting guidelines below:
- Please keep your audio on mute so all participants can hear
- Please turn your camera off
Please be aware that during the Curriculum Night you must refrain from:
- recording any aspect of a Google Meet (including pictures, voices or video) using internal or external recording devices;
- taking photos or screenshots of anything other than when given explicit permission or direction by the teacher to do so (e.g. a visual used for instructional purposes that won’t be reposted later);
- distributing/posting any recorded, copied or distributed materials in any way, including to all social media platforms;
- and editing or manipulating materials in any way.
Here are step-by-step instructions for logging into the Google Meet from a computer or chromebook. If you are using a mobile device, use the Google Meet guide for mobile devices. You will need to use your child’s YRDSB Gapps login to participate in these Google Meets.
We hope that you will be able to join us!
Greg Farrell and Melanie Chamberland