Dear VPPS Families,
This post contains important information about the student material retrieval and return process taking place from June 15th to June 17th at Ventura Park P.S. Our ultimate goal is to provide a safe and supportive process to allow for the retrieval of materials and return of school property.
Here are some highlights to be aware of:
1) You must sign up for a 15 minute time slot on EDSBY to enter the school on June 15th, June 16th and June 17th to return and retrieve items. You will ONLY be able to enter the building during your designated time slot.
PLEASE NOTE THE SCHEDULE WILL BE CLOSED OFF ON SUNDAY JUNE 14TH AT 5 PM AND YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO BOOK A TIME SLOT.
2) Only one parent/guardian is to retrieve materials with your child (grade 7s and 8s may attend alone). Ensure you know your child’s homeroom, teacher’s name and/or locker number/combination. No additional family members, particularly children, will be allowed to enter the building during the assigned time slot.
3) There will be no access to washrooms or drinking fountains.
4) Bring a bag (or two) so you can place all of the items you are retrieving into it.
5) Arrive at your scheduled time.
6) Line up for entry at the front entrance only, at least 2 metres apart from others.
7) Review and adhere to the instructions on the self-screening poster from York Region Public Health posted at the front entrance
8) Use hand sanitizing station outside front door.
9) Enter through front door and check in with staff member.
10) Maintain a minimum 2-metre distance at all times, as you enter and exit the building.
11) Proceed directly to material retrieval location (classroom, locker, hooks).
12) Bag all personal items to take home (no sorting into recycling/garbage at school).
13) Leave lockers empty and open.
14) Return any school-owned items (textbooks, library books, guided reading books, etc.) to a designated table in your child’s homeroom class.
15) If a student is currently using a board-issued laptop and are returning to a school in the YRDSB in the fall, they need to keep their laptop for use over the summer. If they are not returning to a YRDSB school in September 2020, they must return their laptop, chromebook, etc.
We thank you so much for your support with this process. We continue to stress the importance of health and safety at this time and thank you for your consideration.